Out of curiosity, I asked, “don’t you think you need a Facebook account? I was explaining the basic guidelines on how to register for a Facebook account with Justin.
In this present age, I do not think it will be right for anyone not to be on Facebook- the world’s most popular and ever growing social networking website.
There is something about the social networking site that makes it the most popular destination of web surfers. I guess the site is doing some magical things right that it’s other competitors fails to see or realise.
Why you need to register for a Facebook account
Facebook remains one of the fastest growing companies to have grown so remarkably within the space of 10 years. I do not think any other company has ever achieved this feat (only the big G).
The model of operation coupled with the management expertise makes sense to conclude that the biggest social networking website will still be in business even up to the next decade (as long as the internet exists).
This is much more evident in the IPO development it is currently pursuing and based on what the media is reporting, the site is likely to venture into the “search occult business” anytime from now.
The following are additional proofs why you need to join:
1. Being on Facebook is the easiest means and way for you to meet and hook up with your lost contacts, friends and families.
2. On a personal note, I have discovered that advertisement on Facebook yields a high ROI (return on investment). I discovered that advertisers are willing and jostling to pay high fee for a Facebook related keyword than similar related keywords of note from other sites. This discovery of mine relates positively with a one-time research made, which claimed that investment on Facebook help yield a high return on investment (ROI). So, for a businessman or advertiser, why not try advertising on the site!!
3. There is never a dull moment on Facebook; either with the use of blackberry, Android and other mobile phones, the site keeps you on the GO with your contacts from all over the world.
4. Facebook is much more than a networking website; it’s gradually evolving into a search engine that is being powered with the concept of sound relationship, friendship, mutual interest and much more personal/targeted search results.
5. You can start a business advertisement right now on Facebook, by creating a Facebook page.
This free application is made possible even if you don’t have knowledge of website designing and coding.
Four stages/steps to joining Facebook
1. Go to the main homepage at www.Facebook.com
From here, the full registration process is into four (4) stages; the below steps highlights the various stage by stage steps which are important for you to do:
1. From this page (the opened homepage), the following information are required:
1. First Name: your first name is your surname
2. Last name: your last name (name people usually calls you)
3. Your Email Address: this is important as it will later become your login credential.
4. Re- enter Email Address: re-enter the mail for confirmation again
5. New Password: your password; this is important, be careful on what you chose
6. Your Sex: you know yourself
7. Birthday: this is important as it will be used for your account recovery in the later future
8. Click on “sign up”
The second stage is important. This has to do with finding and adding your friends and contacts. Depending on the email you supplied, the system is automated with a link on how they can connect with your email and then extract out your contacts for friendship request on Facebook; though this requires your acceptance and permission.
The following details and information’s are required.
1. Find Friends—by clicking on Find friends, the system, will link up with the login page of your email ID ( in this case, I used yahoo)
2. Windows Live Hotmail: by clicking on find friends, the system will do the same thing you earlier did for your primary email address.
3. Gmail: it will connect with Gmail to access and invite your contacts.
And if you are not interested, just click “skip this step”.
The third stage has to do with your profile set up. By setting up your profile, it makes it easy for the system to easily search for and suggest your friends as a possible contact to add.
Part of the profile details needed include:
1. Secondary School
4. Profile Picture: This is the most important aspect. Your real picture on your profile or Facebook timeline makes real people to see and easily send you a friend invitation request.
Try and upload a recent picture of yours.
After completing the third stage above, the next page that will open is your Facebook profile page; on this page, a top banner message will appear telling you to go to your email for confirmation.
Just log into your email and click on the Facebook link present. On doing this, your Facebook account will be opened and activated.
How to solve known Facebook sign up problems/errors
The below are tips and tactics to avoid common sign up problems:
1. A slow internet connection can make you receive errors on the page such as “page cannot be displayed” e.t.c. The best solution is to make sure that the internet is active and that the connection is active and strong.
2. Wrong Email: in a case whereby the email you entered when asked to “ re-enter Email” is not correct as the one earlier typed, then there will be an error. The solution is to make sure that you re-entered the email credentials correctly.
3. When about opening the account, make sure the Facebook URL address on the browser starts from HTTPS:\\www.facebook.comand not just HTTP:\\www.facebook.com. This is important as the use of HTTPS means that you are on the right, secure and safe Facebook address.